posted May 13, 2013, 1:53 PM by Timothy Welch
updated Aug 7, 2013, 11:12 AM by Scott Carpenter
Seniors, Congratulations on completing your High School graduation! All La Grande School District staff, and the community are proud of our LGSD graduates. Here is a bit of important information that I need to share with each of you at the end of your tenure with LGSD:
- After graduation, your Novell accounts and your Google GMail accounts will be terminated.
- All your files will be deleted, so if you care to save any of your work that you completed during your years at LGSD you will need to do the following:
- For files in the Novell directory, you would have to get a Flash Thumb drive and backup any files you care about to your own flash drive and take them with you.
- For any files you have created in your school Google Drive, you have a few options:
- You can put all files you care about in one folder, share the folder with your own private GMail account, then, before we delete your accounts and all you files, be sure to MAKE A COPY of EACH FILE. This is one way to take your stuff with you and keep it in Google Docs Format. At this time you cannot transfer ownership of your files to a separate domain, so you have to share the file, then make a copy so that your private account becomes owner.
- Alternatively, you can use https://www.google.com/takeout/ (Google Takeout). This will allow you to download all your files, but will convert them all to Microsoft Office format (actually you can choose format if you go to takeout and explore, but you cannot take them out as google docs). Then you will have an archive on the computer in which you do this which you would have to move to a flash drive. This option creates a Zip file of all your work, which you could then easily reimport into a google account and reconvert to google docs.
- Confused??? Feel free to email Mr. Welch
Please complete the following survey. Mrs. Dowdy will verify that each of you have completed the survey prior to graduation.